- Biomolecular Interactions & Conformation Facility (BICF)
- Biomolecular NMR Laboratory
- Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility (BMSL)
- MALDI Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Macromolecular Crystallography Facility
- Peptide Synthesis Facility
Welcome to The Functional Proteomics
The Functional Proteomics Facility is equipped with instrumentation
for the fractionation of complex biological mixtures as well as
instrumentation for the subsequent analysis and processing of these
samples in preparation for analysis by mass spectrometry.
Instrumentation housed within this facility includes an AKTA Purifier FPLC system, IPG-Phor and Protean Plus Dodeca Cell for 2D electrophoresis, ProExpress Imaging System with Progenesis 2D analysis software, Ettan Spot-Picker for robotic excision of protein spots from gels, MASSPrep for automated proteolytic digestion of proteins and subsequent peptide extraction, and LC-MALDIPrep that includes a capillary HPLC integrated with a MALDI spotter.